I’ve been experimenting with making crepes for the past couple months and I now have created my favourite version.
Hope you enjoy them too.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (OR 3 table spoons of melted butter)
- Blend everything in a blender (if you are using melted butter, add the eggs last or the eggs will begin to cook with the hot butter).
- Purée until smooth, bubbles should form at the top. Shouldn’t take more than a minute. Let the batter sit for a bit, just to get rid of the bubbles (15 mins)
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium high. Make sure it is hot before pouring the batter. Add batter to the pan. Cover about the half the pan while pouring and pick up pan and rotate to spread the batter across the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes, when the underside of the crepe is golden brown, loosen the edge with a thin spatula. Then carefully flip it over (you can use your fingers). Cook one more minute.
- Slide you’re crepe off the pan and add your toppings while warm. You can also pile them up with parchment paper in between and freeze them for a nice treat later.